Monday, December 9, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

December 2, 2013
Hola todos y feliz acción de gracias de la gran Isla de Chiloé!

I sure hope that everyone ate a bunch of turkey and mashed potatoes for me because people here don't understand the concept  and thinks its just another weird made up gringo holiday like Halloween .

So we ended up not doing anything special to celebrate but it is nice because everyone is starting to put up their Christmas trees which I absolutely love, as it reminds me of home. I am thinking a lot more about Christ this time of year and thinking about all the things that we should be doing for him rather than expecting all the things that we expect.

This week was great weather wise for some days and horrible for some other days. We had a handful where I didn't have to wear my jacket and some others of a bunch of rain where I had to bust out the rain pants again. I am hoping for a nice warm Christmas here but we will see.
right now, we are focusing a lot in trying to help the members and investigators and every single person be reading the book of Mormon, which is awesome as it is really helping change the way people are and really softens them which I love.

So, we have lunch with the mamita, which I love this mamita, she is so much fun and we eat with her daughter and sun in law and her 3 year old granddaughter and 10 month old granddaughter, it is so much fun, at the beginning the 3 year old who is extremely shy to new people couldn't even be n the same room together but now we are friends but with the 10 month old baby, it makes me think a lot about Callie and how much fun she will be when I get home, although she will be just a little bit bigger and will maybe be walking/talking.

This week, was good in the missionary work, we found a handful of new people and put them with baptismal date but we are just having a really hard time getting people to come to church, that is just a big trial but we are working to get over it. Its just hard when people don't want to keep the commitments that they make. Its good though. I am hoping to get some baptisms this month for Christmas but we will see.

I hope all are enjoying this holiday season, I love you all and am so grateful for all that you do for me.

Love Elder Nelson