Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Good-bye Oscar!

Wow, what a hot week, its hard to imagine that it is almost Christmas with the heat that we have been experiencing here in southern Chile, I have finally bee using short sleeve shirts and sleeping in shorts and a t-shirt which I haven't done in a long time. I hope that it keeps it up until after Christmas.

This week, we had a zone conference in Puerto Montt, so we lost some days of working as we went Tuesday afternoon and got back to Ancud Wednesday night, but it was a good zone conference, we all got santa hats and sang Christmas songs. I got to see alot of old friends which was really nice, because its such a large mission that sometimes you never see each other again.

We had a weird experience, we were teaching a lady on Monday, and she said she wanted to go to church and an activity on saturday night, no friday we got a phone call letting us know that she died, so we went to her viewing which chilean viewings are really weird because they are in the house of the person, even if the house is really small or has a roof of 5 feet tall, which this house did. And we didn't know anyone and it was kind of like an evangelical viewing which was kind of awkward but the husband was happy that we came. Weird case though, they aren't saying why she died, she was only about 40 years old and died one day to the next, that was strange but oh well.

This week, we had a Christmas devotional where we watched a recording of the First Presidency Christmas devotional that happened last week, it was really good and a good amount of people came for an activity in chile haha, including some people that aren't members so we are hoping that we are going to be able to start teaching some of them.

Well, that was our week, I am getting really excited to be able to talk to my family next week and am amazing at how fast the time goes, I can't believe that i already have a year and a half in the mission, and i know that this next 6 months is going to go by so fast, i just need to take advantage of it.
Thanks for all and that all have a very Merry Christmas season.
Love,
Elder Nelson

 
Oscar
May 2001 - December 8, 2013


I also want to say good-bye to the best friend a boy could ever have. He gave me the best 12 years of my life and I love him so much.  He was the best dog in the world. I am so glad that I had him for all that time, through all the naughty and adorable things that he did, he will always have a very special place in my heart and the heart of all the people who knew and loved him! What a special dog. I know that he will be in heaven because it would be hell without him.
I love you Oscar Meyer weiner dog. Thanks for the best 12 years a boy could ask for, I will always love and miss you dearly.