Friday, August 10, 2012

Travel plans comin'....

Hola.

Well first of all. Congrats to Erica on her engagement!  That's so awesome!

Thanks mom & dad so much for the package, it was perfect and i am really enjoying the treats in it.

I also loved the picture of the dogs. I hung it up on my desk, i cant believe how much i miss them, but they are such a big part of my life. I hope they are doing alright and are as sweet as ever.

So i am supposedly going to be getting my travel plans next thursday i hope so i will be able to write and let you know before i leave, if not, my p-days are next friday the 10th and after that i  have an field orientation on the 17th so my p-day is the saturday the 18th so if you can be by a computer or something, i dont really know when i will write.

I sure cant believe how fast the MTC is starting to go, it seems like just yesterday i was writing an email. Its just about time. Our teachers have really told us that there is nothing more they can teach us about spanish, its more just building vocab and fine-tuning things, just making sure that we can be as ready as possible for chile. We have just been teaching alot, right now we have 6 investigators and its we teach about everyone 1-2 times a week, its good preperation becasue everyone has a different need, so we have to work to tailor a lesson for every person specifically. Im enjoying it and right now my main focus has been to teach people, not lessons and i have felt it pay off. Last week we had Training resource center or TRC which is where members come and talk to us, and we pretty much give them a home teaching message on steroids. We had 2 families that we talked to and it is very confidence building when i can understand all of the things that the parents are saying (children are easy to understand and its way cute)

Other than that, not much has been happening, just busy with classtime and studying. The basketball gym is finally open again this week after being closed for two previous and having to play soccer and you know how i feel about soccer. Its so nice to play basketball again and i've been doing well. A handful of people have asked me if i pllayed in high school haha.

I hope everything is going well and i love you all. Im not sure what stuff to send that i wont need for chile so you should let me know what you think.

Love you all!

Elder Jentry Nelson