Thursday, April 10, 2014

Staying in Rahue

March 24, 2014
Dear Friends and Family:
Another Cambio has now come to an end and to cut the suspension, me and my companion will be staying together for another cambio here in Rahue. It will be great as we get along well.
I just cant believe that I only have 2 cambios left. Wow the time passes so fast!
This week I did a couple intercambios with some elders, one was to Rahue Alto which is another part of Osorno and then another I stayed in my  sector. It was good. I went with one of my good friends Elder Jauregui who is from Mexico and is a way good elder. We had alot of fun but also taught a bunch, and now he is leaving the zone to go be a zone leader in Chiloé.
So funny story; me and my companion were trying to visit a less active lady who we haven't been able to find and a drunk old man came out and tried to punch my companion in the stomach as hard as he could, but it was a very soft drunk punch so it was funny and we just started laughing.  My poor companion while we were on an intercambio fell in mud as well while he was walking and the other day I was walking and a bird pooped all over my shirt. Luckily we were close to the mamita so we went and I changed my shirt but that is one of the first times that I have ever had a bird do that on me!. This week has been a really weird week as it has been really cold in the morning but really hot in the afternoon so I never know what to wear when I go out but it has been great.
I have been so busy as a zone leader with just a ton of meetings always, and this week was no exception, we had a meeting of stake priesthood leadership and a baptism in our ward so we didnt get to work that much on Saturday. On Sunday I got to do another special musical number, I think that I have done a special musical number in every single sacrament meeting and other baptisms etc. since I arrived here. They sure do love it. I have gotten good use of the Paul cardall book!
Well, I am exctied to be starting this second to last change which means about 12 more weeks.
I hope all is well-

Love, Elder Nelson