Thursday, April 10, 2014

Getting ready for my last General Conference in the missionfield

March 31, 2014
I know that it isn't April yet but it is close enough. 
This week was a welcome back to the wintertime week as it was very rainy and cold from Thursday until today which is depressing again but it is still great. I have just had to break out the rain clothes again, but I think that people feel bad for us because they tend to let us more into the house, but never want us to sit on their couch haha because we are so drenched.
This week was a week of cambios, so as a zone leader that basically means a day and a half sitting in the terminal babysitting and making sure that elders leave and go to their sector. It was a really long day but it was fine. I got to spend a lot of time with one of my good buddies from the mission who went home named Elder Campbell. It is nice being in Osorno because we are allowed to go to the farewell party for all the missionaries going home but it does get kind of trunky thinking how little time I have left. I got to see a handful of my friends from the mission including an excompanion and an elder that I lived with when I first started my mission in Fruttillar when he was a really young elder as well. He lived with me so we have seen each other throughout the mission and he is home now, crazy how the time passes.
This week, we had a cool experience as a guy came and talked to us, and we kind of thought that it was just another drunk who always comes and talks to us, but it wasn't.  He was a less active member whose mom was in town from Bariloche, Argentina and wanted us to come visit them.  His mom is an active member, so we went and gave a blessing to the house and taught them a little bit, they are super good. They are not married and he makes chicha which is hard apple cider but they are really nice and we are hoping that they progress and can go to church.
Well, this week we are getting super excited for general conferance, it truly is like the super bowl on the mision, but we get it twice a year. It was kind of weird because the stake president decided not to show the first session on Saturday. I don't understand why. I think that only happens in Chile where someone decides to not show a session of general conference, but we will be finding another way to be able to watch it I hope.
This week we also have a mission leaders counsel which is always great, but i can easily see this week flying by and I think that it is not going to be as rainy this next week as it has been in the past couple of weeks.
I am hoping that it starts to be heating up there in Utah.
I hope all have a great week and enjoy listening to the prophets and apostles. I know that they are true servants of the Lord, but we have to apply the things that we learn for our benefit.  They will always tell us ways to be better people and ways to gain our salvation. Let us always show our love to the Lord, and not by our words but our actions.

I love you all and am thankful for the love and support that you give me.
Love, Elder Nelson
My tie collection