Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Puerto Montt - new companion Elder Mino


Happy New years everyone!
 It was a really calm New Years with a lot of food and being in bed by 11pm. We didn't even bother to stay up until 12 to have the change of the year. But we sure did eat a lot of food, they have a big tradition in Chile of eating a lamb on a stick for new years so I had that about 3 times, but it is so good, I just got incredibly stuffed. One thing I sure got out of Chiloé is how the people are good at eating, and I loved that. It was a really good time though, we spent it with a lot of members and I took the time to say good bye to a handful of people although I was only there in Chiloé a short time. On Thursday, I left Ancud and came to the city of Puerto Montt.  It is a huge city! I had to spend almost the entire day in the bus terminal until every elder was in their new sector which was until about 7:30 at night, but the traffic was bad so we didn't get home until about 8:30.
It's great here though.  Lots of work and responsibilities but I love it and our sector is huge we haven't even been to a good part of it and this is by far the biggest ward that I have been in. We had 126 yesterday which from Muermos, Holzapfel and Ancud combined I don't think that we had what we had yesterday in church which is wonderful. I got asked to give my testimony and present myself and to share a little bit about the missionary work in my last sector, but I did that in ward council.

So my new companion is named Elder Miño, he is from Salta, Argentina but has been living the past couple years in Buenos Aires. He is great and has just a couple months more time that I do. It's great and we are working hard and finding people and our zone is really progressing. The best part is that Los Muermos is  now part of our zone so I will be doing an intercambio there tomorrow which is great.  I just can't stay away from that place haha.

Well, I hope all are starting their year out great and with great goals. I am so excited to be able to see everyone this year in 2014!
I love you all!

Love, Elder Nelson