Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dog Bites & Rabies Shots!

Hello family!  What an interesting week. I finally got to go back to Los Muermos this week which was a lot of fun. I got to see a bunch of people that I'd taught which was fun, and a lot of people were super happy to see me. It was great to see all of the people although I just barely left about 2 months ago.

This Friday, we had a counsel of Mission leaders, so we had to go to Osorno to the mission home and have a counsel with all of the zone leaders, sister training leaders and the AP´s and President Rappleye, it was a good counsel where I was able to learn a lot, and I also got to see a bunch of elders that I haven't seen for a long time which was really nice to see.

On Saturday, we went to visit a less active member and we were ouitside the fence yelling. My elbow was resting on the fence and a mean dog came at me and bit my elbow. It was rough because afterwards we had to go to the hospital because they found rabies in Chile and so the church has every missionary in Chile that gets bit by a dog has to get rabies shots. It wasn't too bad of a bite though it was bleeding a little bit and broke the skin which did hurt a little. Now I have to have a series of 5 rabies shots over the next month so that I dont get rabies haha, how sweet is that...

This week was nice, we have been finding so many people that we really feel have the possibility of progressing which is great including a handful of families which is always really nice. It's just hard for us to have them come to church becasue in the weekend we couldn't find them to remind them and then they didn't come so we are going to have to be working alot more with that.

It is very hot here. We have a day of rain about once a week but other than that it is just hot, hot and more hot. I think it only feels so hot because we are out in the sun all day and our sector is just pure hills. But it is nice and I definitely prefer the heat over the cold which we´ll be having in about a month.

Well, I hope that all is well with everyone back home. Stay warm and enjoy the snow.

Love, Elder Nelson