Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cold July 4th

Feliz cuatro de Julio to everyone!
I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July and enjoyed the celebration and heat.

This weekend started out rough. On Monday, at around 4:00 in the afternoon, it was raining and windy and cold and the power went out in all of Los Muermos. We usually start working on Mondays at 6pm but it was already dark, so we ended up not going out at all that day. Around 9:00pm the power came back on but we usually end work at 9:30 so there wouldn't be much purpose to go out since we live a little out of the town and have to walk. I thought that that was how the entire week was going to be, and I was super sad thinking of the 4th of July and being here in the rain and cold but we had a little miracle as later in the week we had a lot of sunshine although still cold. There was no rain from Thursday to Sunday which was like a miracle to us. However, it looks like that streak of days without rain is coming to an end.  

This week I also had a new experience, I had to ingress the tithing with the secretary of the branch, its fun to have this role, I get to see a lot better  how the church works with everything.

Also, my annual winter cough has returned for a little, but I am taking a lot of stuff to try get rid of it now. I'm thankful that at least it hasn't been keeping me or my companion up at night, its just kind of obnoxious, and very mucusy.

Well, this cambio is rapping up, next week I will be finding out my new companion or sector or what happens, so I will let you all know. I can't believe how fast the time has gone, its great here but I am also excited to spend the next 4th of July with all of you. I´ll just pass a great 18th of September here instead.

Take Care All, Love,
Elder Nelson