Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Birthday!!

Hello Everyone!

Well, I'm just about to have my first birthday in the mission field, and about to leave behind the teen years. I got another birthday gift, a transfer! It looks like I will be spending this birthday on a bus going to a new sector, the sector is Los Muermos, a small town about an hour and a half from Puerto Montt. I think that I will be in the branch presidency there which is exciting. I will be with another Honduran companion named Elder Vasquez. It will surely be a memorable birthday traveling 6 hours on a bus.  But now starts the goodbyes. Yesterday, I said good bye to a kid (8 yrs old) that we taught and baptized on Saturday. It was so cute, when I was leaving his house, he went into to his room and came back with a stuffed animal, it is his favorite one. It was fun to teach him, we taught the 10 commandments, and talked of thou shalt not kill, and the word of wisdom, and right after, he went and told his grandpa who smokes and drinks. He told me that he wants to serve a mission.
It was another very rainy week. For about 3 days, it rained all day and every day, one day the wind was so bad too that we couldn't use an umbrella.  Monday night at about 4 o'clock (Tuesday morning), we were awakened with a thunder storm and lots of hail for about an hour, and it happened again on Thursday night too. It's funny because I don't think that Chileans know what to do with thunder, because everyone was really scared.

This P-day, we went and played bowling as a district. I did some of the better bowling in my life. I had 151 and the next game 166. There is a bowling alley in Osorno, Puerto Montt and Valdivia.

Well, I'm sure getting ready for a fun and rememorable birthday here in Valdivia that I am never going to forget. Thanks so much for the Happy Birthday wishes from everyone and thanks to my family for the package that they sent me. I love it! And especially thanks to mom for organizing it and helping me have a happy birthday far away.  (She no longer has any teenagers). Thanks to Jaren for the music. I found out how to work the mp3 and have been putting more conference talks on it. I love listening to them when I have 10 minutes.

I hope that everyone is having a great summer there and enjoying the sun while I enjoy the nice cold rain, its great though.
Love, Elder Nelson
 
Dear Mom and Dad,   Thanks so much for everything, I love the pictures, especially of the dogs, my companion still thinks that our weird love for the dogs isn't normal, but I still love it. Thanks so much for everything!  Love, Jentry