Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Satellite Stake Conference with President Monson

Dear Familia,

Just when I thought that it was becoming winter, we have been hit with some more heat this week. But the longer the rain holds off the better.
We had a good week capped off with a good stake conference yesterday. It was Satellite from Salt Lake City with Sister Burton of the Relief Society General Presidency, Elder Corbridge of the Seventy, Elder Anderson of the Quorum of the twelve and our beloved Prophet Thomas S Monson. It was special because it was broadcast to only Chile and was specific for this area. I also had the opportunity to play the piano in the stake conference. We arrived early and it was quiet or people were talking, so I had my paul cardall book and I took it up to the piano and started playing, soon after the stake president asked me if I would play for the meeting, so I did. I played bandera de sion (High on a Mountain Top) and Tú me has dado muchas bendiciones Señor (Because I Have Been Given Much). When I finished, there was still time before the broadcast, like 5 minutes so I continued playing some more paul cardall. I have played the piano almost every Sunday. There were some good talks, Elder Anderson and Elder Corbridge both speak Spanish, they talked a lot about tithing, that is what we are faulting now in this area, that is why they still haven’t started work on the Concepción temple yet.

In our ward here, a missionary returned home from Resistencia, Argentina, and we had lunch at their house, it was weird, he came home on Saturday, just kind of weird to think of that being me in a year and some, because the time here sure goes by fast. It is incredible. Including this cambio, we will find out who goes and who stays this weekend, and then on Monday, I will tell you who will be my new companion in the next week.

We are also really excited, we found a new person this week who is really good, we have been having trouble finding people lately. I think it is because the summer vacations end this week so I hope now it will be more steady.

Well I´m thankful for all of the love and support, and am proud to say that my testimony of having a living day propet was strengthed by listening to him, and I am so excited for General Conference in only a month! I also can't believe that a year ago this week, I received my sacred calling to come to "La gran Missión Chile Osorno". I have grown to love these people, as I have served them.

Love, Elder Nelson
 
 A beautiful hotel here in Valdivia
 They have McDonalds here too...and it tastes pretty good
 the Calle Calle River in Valdivia which has a lot of sea lions
they are so cute

 A view of downtown Valdivia
A view of the Calle Calle River