Friday, December 28, 2012

"Good-Bye" Elder Rupp


Hola Todos!
I sure have had a busy week. Monday was normal but on Tuesday we went to a Zone conference in Puerto Montt, and we didn’t end up getting home until 7, but it was fun, we all got Santa hats and goodies from President and Hermana Rappleye, sang Christmas songs and gotto mingle with everybody.
Wednesday, me and Elder Rupp went to Puerto Varas to go to the medical clinic there because Elder Rupp has an Uña encarnarda or a ingrown toenail, so that killed up a good portion of the day as we didn’t get home, and he set up another appointment to get that toenail removed on Friday. Thursday we had the baptism of Marcos which was a very awesome and spiritual service. I played a special musical number from the Paul Cardall book (Im the branch pianist now as I have played at every meeting for the last 2 months), Elder Rupp baptized, his wife gave a really good talk on the holy ghost, and afterwards, he was given the opportunity to bear his testimony, he got up to the podium, and said he loves his wife so much and then he started crying and couldn’t finish anything, so he went and sat down.  Very powerful.  He will be a great member, that family went through a lot in order to be baptized as in getting married and changing work, and now it just starts the wait in order to go to the temple and be sealed as a family which is already their goal.

On Friday, we went to the doctor for the surgery of Elder Rupp. That surgery took all day as we had to be at the office at 4 and we didn’t get home until 8, the removed his toenail completely and it is now pretty nasty looking, he hasn’t been able to walk for a while, so after the surgery when we got home I went straight to bed and ended up sleeping 11 hours from 8 until 7, it felt so good and refreshing. Saturday was just any old day, I did changes with the other elders parts of the days this weekend in order to get work done in our sector, which we ended up teaching a little, it was a difficult week, because we didn’t have that much time to work.

Sunday at church, I had the opportunity to confirm Marcos, which was a wonderful experience; kind of nervous though, I'm still a little shy talking in Spanish in front of big huge groups. Then in the Gospel Principles class, we go in and Monica was just barely called to teach that class. I don’t know how many missionaries have had the opportunity to be taught by someone they baptized but it was a great feeling, and she did a really good, especially after having been a member for a little more than a month.

After church we went to eat lunch at a members house, and there we received the call for transfers. I will be staying in Frutillar and my new companion is named Elder Magaña. He is Mexican-American from California who speaks both Spanish and English. It will be a lot of help. Elder Rupp is going to Puerto Montt, and Elder Brindley, the other gringo of the house is going to a place called Llanquihue. So I will soon be the only gringo (White person) in the house, with Elder Chomorro from Chile, his companion Elder Cauque qho is Bolivian, and my companion. Just one cambio from only having gringos in the house, my Spanish will improve a ton though which will be a really nice thing. I will send a pictures of my new companion next week as we change on Wednesday, so it will be different to be with someone else after being companions for 4 months with one person.

Also, it is still very cold and rainy, I might not even get a summer in Chile.
Well I hope that everything is going well. I love you all and am so thankful for everything that you do for me.
Love Elder Nelson
 Marcos Baptism Day - Elder Rupp and me
Our only baptisms in Frutillar but an awesome family with a lot of potential!
Churrasco, a huge sandwich that you have to eat with a fork and knife. Super delicious with steak, ham, fried egg, avacado, mayo, tomatoes and alot of fried onions
 Saying Good-bye to Elder Rupp
Our District before changes