Monday, June 25, 2012

Y-AA!!! Our First Letter!

Well, this week has been a busy one, there is alot of work and when I'm in the intermediate class, it really is intermediate. From day one, we only speak in spanish and our ward is even in spanish. We taught our first investigator yesterday, it was dificult but this is the best way to learn our spanish by full immersion. Our branch is even in spanish with everybody in it being in the intermediate class or the advanced class, for instance, every sunday we have to prepare a different talk on a gospel topic in spanish and on sunday. weare called on at random to speak. Its kindof hard but its good for us. We also learned how to pray and bear our testimony in spanish, I'm even starting to think a little in spanish.

Thanks so much for the package, i got it yesterday and have really enjoyed the stuff you gave me. Also say thank-you to the dogs, i appreciated their gifts as well.

Well my companion is named Elder Wood, he is from Sacramento, CA. We get along well, and in my room is two other elders and they are both from CA, so i am the only one from Idaho, stuck with some californians, but its fun becasue we are all going to the Chile, Osorno mission and we are the only ones in our district that are.Everybody else is going to panama, honduras, guatemala, arizona or texas. Its been just busy here for the firsst couple days, i feel like i have been in here forever already, and its only saturday, but everybody just keeps saying, "If you can make it to sunday, everything will be good". I'm almost there.

The new mission presidents are currently in the MTC today, finishing their training and because of that i have heard that alot of General Authorities will be walking around. I've only seen 2 mission presidents and no generaly authorities, so i'll ;et you know if i happen to see any or if they come for sacrament meeting on sunday becasue we are having a missionwide sacrament meeting.

There is also alot of memorising that we have had to do, so far we have had to memorize the "Proposito de Missionares", or the goal of missionaries, and in the coming weeks we have to memorize the first vision, the articles of faith and D&C 4. Im nervous for that.

Hows everything been going at home? You need to let me know who won on the NBA finals and what happened (Let dad tell me). Btw, the only bad thing about my roommates is none of them like basketball haha but we'll get it worked out. You guys also have to dearelder me when summer has her baby, im excited to hear how that goes, just make sure shee follows through with her promise of naming her after me.

Well in the future, just so you know, my P-Day is on friday, so expect letters then, I also will have some pictures that i will try to send to you on friday, we have an awesome view from our window in our room, its facing the mountains and you can see the temple right below it. I'll send a picture of that, as well as one with my roommates and companion.

Well i hope everything is going well.

Love you and give my love to everyone

Elder Jentry Nelson
Hey, I forgot to tell you that right after i was dropped off, I went through the building to get my name tag, and waiting outside that building was Elder Kumferman, and Elder Kaur, as well as while i was walking up with my host after our goodbyes, i passed elder Blanchard, who was saying his good byes, and ive ran into elder blanchard and elder kumferman, 3 or 4 times since then, as well as many other friends who i went to high school with. The next time i see them, i am hopefully going to have to take a picture of them, especially since elder kaur only has another week, elder kumferman has about 5 more haha.
Also give my love to the dogs, i sure do miss them and all of you guys
Elder Nelson