Monday, June 16, 2014

TWO years exactly - I'm coming home on Friday!!!! My last letter!

Well Family,
This is it, my last letter from here in Chile as I will be on my way home this week.
I sure can't believe how fast this time has gone. It seems like just yesterday I was all nervous to go into the MTC. This week I will go to the mission home on Wednesday,  hang out there, have a devotional, have a farewell party where members can come and say good bye, then go to a hotel. On Thursday we have breakfast and go to the airport and fly to Santiago about 3:00pm in the afternoon and get there about 5:00pm.  From there I head to Atlanta and then onto SLC to arrive at 10:30am on June 20th, exactly 2 years to the day that I left for my mission. (Drop off was at 1:10pm so I am 3 hours short!)

This last week was extremely rainy, we were acutally in a region declared as catastrophe which was crazy as all of the streets were flooding and a lot of houses were getting washed away. It was sad and they said that the rain was just going to keep getting worse and worse but amazingly it stopped and we had some really nice days after that without rain..  I can easily say that this past week though, as I have been in a very rainy mission, was the most rain that I have seen in my time here in Chile, it was horrible.
In church this week, I did two musical numbers, one with elder Thomas on the flute and a member that sang "Did You Think to Pray" and then we did another one with just me and Elder Thomas which was "All Creatures of Our God and King". They were both really nice and had a lot of people crying, and then the bishop had me bare my testimony in sacrament meeting, (I only cried a little bit haha).
We were able to watch the Chile /  Australia game this week which was great! We had an activity and a handful of people came. It was great to see as Chile won! Now they have to play Spain on Wednesday but I will be in the mission home so we will see if I am allowed to watch it or not.
Well, I don't want to ruin all the conversation before i get home haha but I do want to thank everyone for the support over these past two years.

I have grown to know and love the Savior during these past two years. I know that He lives and that this is His church. He is my Redeemer, and I know that He appeared to Joseph Smith. I know that all of the priesthood keys are currently possessed by Thomas S. Monson, he is the Lords chosen prophet in this church.
I love all of you and am extremely thankful, and cant wait to see everyone on Friday!

Love, Elder Nelson
 Memos birthday party - our Mamita's son 
 Two dogs of our investigators that look like Oscar