Thursday, February 20, 2014

Leaving Puerto Montt and going to Osorno

February 10, 2014
Happy Valentines Day! to everyone this week.
We have been having a very cold week as I have actually had to use my thermals a day this week which is really odd for the summer time, and it has been raining a ton which is normal but not as much for February.
So, this next week as we are going to be having a visit of Elder Ballard, Elder Walter F Gonzales and Elder Rasband, Hermana Rappleye (Wife of President Rappleye) and said that she found out that I played the piano so she wants me to play the piano in the conference and we all have to be there an hour before the conference and she wants me and two other missionaries who play the violin to do a piano and violin duet for the hour, with other songs that I can play by myself. I am playing the piano with a sister missionary who is actually from Sugar-Salem (Hna Lee) and an Elder named Elder Crotzer. We have a handful of arrangements of Come Thou Fount, Our Saviors Love, a song called Resurrection (Which isn't a hymn but is really pretty), I Know That My Redeemer Lives, Joseph Smiths First Prayer, a hymn medley of Amazing Grace, As Now We Take the Sacrament and How Great Thou Art, and then we are making some hymn arrangements from the Paul Cardall book of More Holiness Give Me, I Feel My Savior's Love and God be With You til We Meet Again, and then if there is still time i am just going to be playing other Paul Cardall songs.
I have practiced by myselft a couple hours every day and with Sister Lee a couple hours everyday as she is in my zone, but its going to be a little bit more complicated on Wednesday because we have some changes which will be difficult. I am going to be leaving Puerto Montt after only one cambio. I am a little sad. I am going to be going to the city of Osorno as a zone leader in the zone of Rahue, which is another part of Osorno, but I am really excited to be with my companion, he came to Chile with me and we have known each other the whole mission and have been friends the whole time, his name is Elder Smithson so it will be fun there with him.
Just to remind everyone, next Monday I will not be writing because we will be in a special conference, but will be on on Tuesday.
Take care everyone!

Love, Elder Nelson
 Our new Valentine ties from Elder Smithson's mom
 a signed picture for our mamita
 Elder Smithson