Thursday, February 7, 2013

First Transfer


Hello Family
Well, I am finally leaving Frutillar after 4 cambios and 5 1/2 months. I have been called to go to Valdivia, in the zone called "Calle Calle", sector Holzafelt. So I am going north, but Valdivia is very pretty as well, and it is a very big city. I will be with my first Latin companion there named Elder Mendoza from Honduras, who doesn't speak a word of English, so my Spanish will start to get really good I hope. I leave on Wednesday, and it is a couple hours away from Puerto Montt. I'm excited and know I can't stay in the same place forever.

I had a cool experience, Last night, Marcos (The convert) had the day off from work which never happens, so we asked him to go out to some lessons with us, and he did. It was so cool, after teaching him so many times it was awesome to have him help us, and it is great to have seen his faith grow, where he got to the point where he was helping. Then after that I said my good byes to Marcos and Monica which was sad. They sure mean a lot to me. They wrote a note to me, and in it Monica wrote some crazy stuff, talking about how before the missionaries came, her and marcos were very close to ending it, but when we started coming, and had them get married and the idea of the temple, they are stronger than they have ever been.

Yesterday, I  ate so much food, when you leave, chileans say good bye by giving food. I had cake, kuchen, completos and tres leches cake. I was so stuffed last night. I sure am going to miss this area but it will be good to keep going.

I hope that everyone is doing great, Im so thankful for all of the love and support that you have given me. Glad you enjoyed the superbowl. 

Elder Nelson
 
Lisardi Family, they are a good family and the little girl was adorable and my friend, her name is Josefa, she´d always talk to me.
 

My gospel principles class (one drunk came that day haha) and Monica is their teacher