Monday, March 10, 2014

Emergency Transfer for my Companion

March 3, 2014
Dear Friends and Family,
This week was a very interesting week. To start it off, right after p-day ended on Monday we received a call from President Rappleye. He called to tell my companion, Elder Smithson, that he would be leaving to go to Chaitèn, on a special assignment. It is a very small place about 12 hours away from Puerto Montt by bus, or 8 by boat, so he was sad and I was too because I had  a lot of fun with him. He was a way cool elder and he knew he was probably going to this small town of only 100 people to end his mission. My new companion is now Elder Peterson from Sanford, Colorado. He has 1 less cambio than I do in the mission but is a really good elder. He actually took my place in both Los Muermos and Puerto Montt, so he has been following me around and finally caught up to me. The only problem is that Elder Smithson left Wednesday morning and Elder Peterson didn't get here until Saturday night, so I had to be with the companion of the Financier of the mission because the financier had to go to Chaiten as well to do some tithing audits so my companion was the secretary and I was in the office for almost the whole week just helping out where I could. It was interesting  to see a little more behind the scenes of the mission, but i had to be a Zone Leader by myself almost the entire week. It was fun though because the office elders live in a huge apartment overlooking Osorno, and the elders in the Osorno Zone have p-day on Saturday so I got two p-days, but I just only went and played basketball finally but it was a lot of fun.
Well, there wasn't that much teaching, and I am kind of still learning the new sector because it is huge but I am sure loving the work.  It is going great and I know that this gospel is very true and can be a grand blessing to everyone who lets it into their hearts. I hope that all keep doing great and working hard. Everything just goes by so fast always I can't believe it. I hope that everyone is doing fantastic. I love you all and love the support that you all give me.
Love, Elder Nelson
Elder Peterson, Sanford, Colorado