Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Transfer to The Grand Island of Chiloe' - Ancud

Hello Family!
This week was a really good week, we stayed really busy among all of the elections that were going on. We found a handful of new people this week which was nice. Spring here this week had a lot of rain and cool tempatures.
I am leaving Los Muermos, the place that I have been since my birthday. I am going to the Grand Island of Chiloe, which is the big island a little to the south of Puerto Montt. I will be in the northernmost town there named Ancud. It looks like that is where I will be for all of the holidays that I'll be missing: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years as they are all in the next cambio. I will be with another gringo, but I didn't hear what his name is or where he is from, so I will let you know next week. I am excited but it will be crazy to be leaving Elder McDOnald after so long of being together more than 4 months. I will leave wednesday morning (Nov 20) and my trip will mostly be by ferry boat to get there and will take bout 4 hours. I am excited for that adventure.

File:TransbordadoresDos.jpg
This Sunday at church only 14 came because they were electing the president of Chile, and it's kind of like a big fair when they elect the president. Everyone was outside of the voting places selling popcorn, completos and shish-ka-bobs, so that was kind of nuts.
I had another talk in church, on the atonement and how much we need to be doing for Christ. It turned out really well but most of the people who really need it werent there.

Today for p-day, we went to Saltos de Petrohue. I went last year but they are some really cool waterfalls so there will be more pictures of this. I love Chile. I think that I am in one of the prettiest places in the world. I couldn't even imagine places like the ones that I have had the oppurtunity to go to in my mission.

Well, next week there will be more about my new sector.
Have a great Week! 
Love,
Elder Nelson