Monday, September 10, 2012

¿Cachaí?

a typical rainy day in Frutillar

My first sighting of Volcan Osorno - picture taken from the bus

Our cabana


Estufa de leña. Our little wood stove.

My MTC sprained ankle
Hola Familia,

Well another busy week with the mission work, it rained a little this week but not too much, for the most part it was sunny except today. It is very cloudy today which is too bad because we were going to go down to the lake to take pictures of the 3 volcanoes that I can see, but it's too cloudy so I will have to send them another day.

Well in the missionary work, we have had another up and down week, our investigator who has a date for baptism hasn't made any progress to get married and her date is scheduled for the 22nd of this month, she has accepted everyother commitment including the law of chastity just hasn't made any advancement to be married. We´re hoping things work out so we don't have to postpone her baptism. We also have another person with a date for baptism for the 13th of October but we don't know because he still needs to be taught alot.

So we taught the very catholic lady some more and her house still gives me the creeps, she has dolls and she loves María, the mother of Christ and has alot of that type of stuff, we are starting to get nervous though that she only likes to have someone to talk to but doesn't has much interest in the church because we go there and she talks as fast as she can and we really can't understand and she just tells us her problems and we barely teach. I think we are going to try one more time and if it is the same, we are going to drop her. We also found someone while knocking doors who is intersted and said he'd be baptised becasue the stuff we have taught is true, he just is busy with work. That's really the thing we have been working at is desafying more or challenging to be baptised. We have heard if you challenge people to be baptized more, the Lord will see that and he will put in our path people who will be ready to be challenged. Other than that not too much has happened, just working hard. My spanish has improved a ton which is a good thing, every chilean says that they can understand me and a couple times chileans say I speak better than my companion haha, I don't that much but they say I speak good casteyano.

At night I stay warm, I wear thermals, wool socks, night pants and a sweatshirt to bed with 3 thick blankets so I'm fine most nights, its really cold in the morning and coming out of the shower in the morning.

There are four that live in our cabana.  We have an elder named Elder Brindley from Minnesota and his companion elder Bracho from Argentina who live with us, its the best way to help my spanish is to talk to elder Bracho because he can't speak any English but we are teaching him a little like what time is it and how are you. And we do have hot water, although sometimes it is only luke warm.

We listen to music and I love the jenny oaks baker and paul cardall, those are the most fun to listen to during study time.

It's fun being a trainee, I'm steadily improving everyday so I can eventually maybe train.

I don't know how much we walk, just a lot and I think that I am gaining weight because I eat alot of bread haha. 

Well I hope all is going well with everyone,
Take care.

Les Amo,

Elder Jentry Nelson

PS we aren't changing our p-day btw, we are having a zone barbecue and then on tuesday we are going to just leave the house if we have citas because everybody is drunk or "Beracho" so there is no use in contacting, so expect letter monday. 
K, well once again, take care con todos

Con Amor