Friday, January 31, 2014

Buenos Dias mis queridos amigos & familiars!

Buenos dìas mis queridos amigos y familiars!

This has been a long and exhausting week. I feel that it has been one of those weeks that we have been busy almost every day with between 2-4 extra missionaries in our house.

On Tuesday, we had intercambios with the assistants to the President. I went with an Elder from Salt Lake named Elder Adams. My companion went with an Elder from Florida who is going to be playing linebacker at BYU when he gets off his mission named Elder Amone, he has a full ride to play at BYU and I was talking to him and he said he had scholarship offers from all of the big schools and was the number 15 linebacker from his class. That day ended up being very rainy and cold. I always knew that the sun can't last that long here.

On Wednesday, we had interviews with the president, so we had interviews all day long as ZL. We have to stay in the chapel the entire time and make sure that everyone is there and what not, so that was also a long, tiring day, and we also had some elders that were staying with us a couple days so it was just a lot of juice.

On Friday, we had to go to Osorno as there was a counsel of leaders of the mission. That was also an activity of the entire day, but it is cool because we are having a new program to be able to find all the inactive members in Chile where we have access to the names and directions of every Chilean that is registered to vote in all of Chile. That should be good as there are so many people here that are members and we don't know where they are.

On Saturday, I had a fun trip to the dentist as my permanent retainer broke so I had to go get that fixed, its crazy how cheap Chilean dentistry is.  $40 for the repair.

Well, we are getting ready as a mission for some very special guests, Elder M. Russell Ballard, President Ronald Rasband of the Presidency of the Seventy and Elder Walter F. Gonzalez who is the President of the area South America south.  I am so excited for that! We have a special stake conference the 16th of February and the 17th of February we have a special mission conference with them. I am really excited for that. That means that we will have our p-day Tuesday the 18th of February not the Monday so if I don't write, that is why.

Well, I hope that you are all having a wonderful week. Thanks so much for all your love and support.
Congratulations to Jacque on her wedding this Saturday!

Love, Elder Nelson
 Pichanga and Root beer floats. 
We found root beer at a store called JUMBO.  It's like a Walmart.
 A dog we found sleeping on his back.  He reminded me of when Oscar would sleep in a bed like a human with his head resting on a pillow.  Funny!
Far Left:  My companion, me and some elders from an intercambio